M Rajesh’s new movie Vasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichavanga is a desperate comedy that escapes from being a torture because of the main comedian Santhanam. With an extremely loose script that has no direction, its an undercooked recipe that wont easily digest. Lets look at the points that makes this comedy not so enjoyable.
- The making is more of a skit style. Characters are excessively caricatured. No real depth in anything they want to establish and the overall desperateness to create some skit fun stood out.
- Rajesh’s script is quiet untidy. Just the same old bitching of women is the main agenda and they have tried to create some sequences out of that idea. If there was a proper story that connected these sequences, things would have been slightly better.
- Arya’s performance may be okay considering the nature of the character. But it’s the characterization of Saravanan that kills the enjoyment. Such a duffer hero is not something you can use to convey these ideas. Its better to cut relationships with such friends who have no sense at all.
- Tamannaah is just about okay and here also the problem with characterization becomes the itchy factor. The only actor who could do justice to the sort of exaggeration Rajesh wanted was Santhanam who literally saves the movie from being a total disaster.
- The music from D Imman wasn’t that great. None of the tracks turned out peppy. The visualizations may have worked but the timing of the songs was not that great.
The negatives may be small in numbers, but the impact that makes on the quality of the movie is severe. The cinematography and edits were fine in this movie that never really demanded any outstanding work from those departments. The saviour Santhanam should be appreciated for giving the audience something worth their money.