The terminator franchise is something that had aggression and pace in a captivating level. The new film directed by Alan Taylor lacks those features and the dullness in creativity and confusion in narrative messes up Terminator Genisys. Lets look at the reasons that makes this movie a letdown.
- I would say Arnold Schwarzenegger in that old body is a big reason for disappointment. The actor is struggling very much to have that energy on screen and the makers are so keen to have him in that old shape that they even created a CG Schwarzenegger. The old age has considerably taken away the grace he used to have in portraying the terminator character.
- The script that confuses the audience is another demerit. It is not the sort of confusion Christopher Nolan creates in the minds of the audience, it’s just narrative confusion that messes up our understanding about the franchise. And after making all that unclear portions they use this pattern Hollywood follows these days, a virtual villain in the form of Genisys.
- The dialogues of the old movies are sort of funny and attitude filled. Without a doubt I can say that those “get out”, “hasta la vista” and “I am back” had more energy than “old but not obsolete”.
- Jai Courtney looked slightly dull as Kyle Reese. If Arnie too had that energy, Courtney would have ended up as the poorest choice for the role of Reese. With both Clarkes performing impressively, seeing a less exciting Courtney was really disappointing.
- Alan Taylor may have succeeded in making the canvas of the movie wider, but he fails to bring in some novelty to this content. The making also lacks that belligerence and speed James Cameroon used to give to these movies.
- Hans Zimmer may be the music producer, but the creator of the music is Lorne Balfe fails to create a good impact through his BGMs.
Just listed out the negatives as the ultimate result wasn’t that impressive. Performances of Jason Clarke and Emilia Clarke, and the visual effects of the movie were the minor positives that kept the movie alive for its two hours runtime.