‘Baap civil court mein kamata hai, beta food court mein udaata hai’
‘tere baap ka naam Bambani hai, Bambani, Ambani nahi!’
‘beta chaar jodi shoes aur kareed lo, aur phir Linking Road per dukaan khol lena’
‘yeh 90 rupiya ki kaunsi coffee aati hai? Ca-ph-chino’
Yes, weve all been there. Indian parents are the hardest to deal with.
1. Don’t you feel every time you’re stepping out of the house, your parents act like you’re going to rob a bank?
‘Pata nahi har raat ko bahar jane ki kya jarurat hai, sab ulte seedhe kam hi karne hai tumko’
But I was just going for a drive!
2. ‘Musician! You want to become a musician? Go inside and study for your engneering exam! Why you no go in and study? Suna nahi tumne!‘
Engineer, doctor? Mom, Dad, you know there are other professions also.
3. ‘You want more money? Kal hi to 100 rupiya diye the! Besharam, Nalayak’
I literally just went out for two minutes!
5. ‘You’re going out to eat? Phir bahaar khana hai? Does money grow on trees!’
But I haven’t gone out in 3 weeks!
6. ‘Ok beta, tomorrow is Sharma Uncle’s daughter’s husband’s nephew’s party so full family going? Ok beta? Understood? Beta are you listening? We are going tomorrow. Betaaaaa, betaaaa!’
7. ‘We found a nice boy/girl for you, arranged marriage like us, nice family, shaadi kar lo’
Bas abhi ek hi kaam bacha tha. Getting married.