The new revamp of the Fantastic Four franchise has released and much like the old versions, this one is also cluttered with clichés and thus ending up as a hugely disappointing film that fails to utilize the acting talents it had. Lets look at the demerits of this movie.
- The making is too dull and lacks the fun factor. The reinterpretation always used to have a funny conversational shade and here the director Josh Trank takes the movie too seriously. The sort of typical developments makes the movie uninteresting.
- The screenplay doesn’t have the excitement. The developments are too hurried and the lack of a fresh interpretation doesn’t induce you too. The climax was a pretty swift one. The mega build up given to the villain Doom wasn’t utilized at all.
- The cast of the movie had a fairly good reputation in the industry. But when you look at the characters given to them that had no emotional layers or conflicts, they were totally left unused.
- The visual effects don’t create any attraction. At some portions the getup of the Doom looks too amateur.
- The cuts lacked sharpness and the narration looked too dull. The background score also failed in creating a positive impression.
With literally nothing in favour of its success, Fantastic Four is a burden. Lets hope that Fox will give more control to Trank for the sequel of the movie to make it better.